E-Health Design for Marginalized and Sensitive Communities
Co-located to the DigiHealthSouth 2020 conference (Cali, Colombia)
Workshop chair: Gerardo Sarria, Javeriana University
The purpose of the workshop is to discuss work in progress and explore opportunities for new research related to the design and development of methods addressing challenges in the development of healthcare technology tailored for marginalized and sensitive communities. In the delivery of healthcare services, the global south faces challenges in access, users ́ literacy, low socioeconomic status, low resources and low technology adoption creating a very demanding context to create and implement both innovative and tailored digital health technology, This workshop aims to draw together information systems, practitioners and management experts involved in developing computer technology to improve healthcare quality for underserved communities.
Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal, including, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Identifying and addressing stakeholder needs
- e-Logistics and e-Pharmacy
- Intelligent Medical Systems
- Mobile Applications
- Patient Electronic Health Records
- Social Networks in Healthcare contexts
- Automatic Identification and Data Collector Systems
- Unified data processing and communication Systems
- Web Based Applications
- e-Health Architectures
- Computer Aided Diagnostics
- Proceedings will be submitted for publication by Springer
- Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including EI Elsevier Engineering Index, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Selected papers will be invited for publication in the following EAI Endorsed Transactions: Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology (SCOPUS indexed)
Workshop papers have 4 pages at maximum including references (2500 words).
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register for the conference and present the paper. Only registered and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
(All deadlines refer to the UTC Time Zone)
Submission deadline: March 10, 2020
Notification deadline: April 13, 2020
Camera-Ready deadline: May 21, 2020